Meta Quest Recruits – Welcome to Ghosts of Tabor!
In anticipation of the graduation from Meta’s App Lab to Meta Quest Store, we wanted to take this opportunity to welcome all new and prospective Taborites!
You might have heard of Ghosts of Tabor before, and might even have friends in the game already. What’s new is that for the first time on Quest, we can now offer you a few different value bundles to get you started. Curious what your options are? Read on!
To have a few key information items out of the way, Ghosts of Tabor is:
- Cross-buy enabled for Meta Quest. Meaning if you buy the Quest version, you automatically receive the PC Rift version.
- Cross-play between platforms, which means that Quest, Rift and Steam users are all playing together.
- Cross-progression is available through account linking. Visit 🔗👉 the page here to link your accounts.
- The gateway to first-hand in-development conversations and the best place to leave feedback is through the 🔗👉 official Discord.
Getting started and what are Starter Packs?
Other than the main base game that starts at $24.99, (which you can also snag a 12% discount for if you pre-order in the days leading up to launch), you can also opt to get a discounted offer with two different varieties of the Starter Pack Bundles.
Now, Starter Packs, as the name suggests, help you get started in the game with a basic kit of gear and some general consumable items, it will basically make the initial raids less challenging, considering you will start as a fresh recruit with nothing to your name. Remember, Ghosts of Tabor is all about jumping into a raid, scavenging to find valuable loot, and surviving to extraction. Additionally, if you manage to get killed while on your mission, you will lose all your gear to other players.
Starter Packs will grant you a starting set of gear, items, and currency so that you can have a somewhat easier starting experience, but also remember that the general rules apply – you can lose items and gear if you die during a raid. Ghosts of Tabor, like similar games in the genre, also features something called “progression wipes” every now and then. As Ghosts of Tabor is still in active development and will continue to have additions and updates that sometimes require large systemic changes to the game, periodically wiping progression – such as your player level, items, and currency – helps implement these updates more smoothly. Due to the nature of the game, progression wipes also help keep the game feeling fresh over time.
Here’s the important part, Starter Packs persist through progression wipes, your starter set will always be waiting for you after a wipe!
- The Starter Pack Bundle is a permanent bundle that includes the base game and the Starter Nuclear Night Edition. Save 11% from buying these individually
- The Independence Starter Pack Bundle is an exclusive and time-limited bundle that will only be offered for the first 30 days from the Meta Quest store launch. Getting the bundle will save you 16% as opposed to the single items bought alone.
The Independence Starter Edition includes everything from the original Starter Pack bundle, but comes with two additional perks; you will automatically receive all existing and future DLCs for free! Yep that’s right. All of them. Free. If you’re already considering going all-in on Tabor, this is already the best deal available, and there’s more Weapon packs to come. It also includes an in-game arm patch only available to the Independence Edition owners. This is the Ultimate Deluxe Edition of the game and, may we suggest, perhaps an excellent gift to a friend you want to bring with you on a raid?
A special note to previous Founding Fathers Edition owners – You can purchase the Independence Edition, but you will technically already own Independence Edition content, and the new in-game arm patch automatically with the Founding Fathers Edition. You will not however be able to swap them out just yet. This feature will come in a future update.
While the basics are already laid out above, we’d just like to add that should you want to start with the base game and then realize later that a Starter Edition actually sounds like something you’d fancy? No problem! You can purchase any of the three normal Editions at any point either through the Quest Store or in-game via the terminal in the middle of the bunker. A few things to note:
- The Independence Edition is still time-limited, it’ll only be available the first 30-days from the graduation to Meta Quest Store so don’t snooze on this excellent offer!
- The Independence Edition includes the highest normal tier Edition, Nuclear Night.
- Higher-tier Editions include everything in the lesser ones, but they do not stack.
- There’s unfortunately no mechanic for upgrading between the Editions. If you at a later stage would like to get a different, higher-tier Edition, you will have to purchase it at the full price. The same goes for the Independence Editions should you already own any of the previous Editions since the App Lab days.
- Repeating the special note to previous Founding Fathers Edition owners – You can purchase the Independence Edition, but you will technically already own Independence Edition content, and the new in-game arm patch automatically with the Founding Fathers Edition. You will not however be able to swap them out just yet. This feature will come in a future update.
DLC Weapon Packs
Our Weapon Packs are optional weapon packs that bring some flair to your raids. How about some weapons crafted by Taran Tactical, as seen in JW3? Or maybe you’d like to proudly display some Kawaii style with a pink backpack? The choice is yours!
All of these current and future Weapon Packs are included with the time-limited Independence Edition.
Get in touch!
We know this is plenty of information to digest, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us on any of our social platforms with any questions you might have! 🔗👉 www.combatwaffle.info